Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sleepless in Gilbert

What a horrible night I had last night. I made the mistake of taking a nap yesterday afternoon after going swimming with the grandkids. Mondays are usually my day of rest because Sunday is always so busy with church and Sunday dinner. Anyway, I finally went to sleep at 11:30 p.m. and woke up at 1:30 a.m. with the feeling that I needed to lock my doors. I walked through my house and locked the doors and got a drink and went back to bed. I guess I had just enough sleep to not be tired (I'm sure the nap didn't help me), so I layed there and watched the clock go from 2:00 to 2:30 to 3:00 and so forth. I think I finally got back to sleep at 4:00 a.m. just as Rich was getting up to go to work. I'm too old to play that game. What is wrong with me? I have felt lately that the stress is mounting. We have had one thing after the other break down and now I'm sleeping in the guest room while my bedroom is torn up. I know July will be here before we know it and that is another worry. We have been having really nice weather but I know the hellish heat is coming. Rich tells me I'm the most negative person he has ever known, I guess he's right, but enough is enough. I need some sleep, not laying awake listening to the air conditioner all night. Well, I guess I will go in and try again, otherwise I will just watch the clock all night and worry about all I have to do with no sleep tomorrow.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I think it's because you are really young at heart. Those are teenage hours. Stay up all night---sleep all day. That's a positive---you really have the body and mind of a 16 year old. Well---it depends on how you look at it as to whether or not it's a positive. At our age---I take it as a positive. Hope you sleep better tonight. In the summer I have teenage hours. I read way too late into the night and then sleep in. That's how I survive the school year. Read your scriptures. That always puts me to sleep. ;)