Saturday, June 27, 2009

So Busy

I don't know if it's just because I'm getting old, but it seems like the days are just rolling on and on and I'm continually "out of control." I thought when I was a grandma and my children were all grown and gone I would have some time to relax, read and make quilts to pass the time. These days it seems like I'm lucky to be able to pull the quilt up on my bed every morning when I make it. I've been getting up really early the last couple of weeks, I think mainly to go out to feed my animals before the heat is on, but then I spend the rest of the day needing a nap.
Spencer and Annie and their kids got here safely yesterday from Denver. It's always fun to have them in town but I know they are pulled from family to family the whole time they are here, but we sure enjoy them. Spencer took me to the Reebock outlet at Arizona Mills yesterday to spend some money he gets from endorsements. It's always fun to shop when you don't have to pay for it and he is so generous with the family. Tayler is getting baptised today so I've already made my lemon cake and cut up fruit for her luncheon after the baptism. This will be our third grandchild to turn 8 years old, Kylie will be the next. As I was in my kitchen cutting up the melons I was thinking about how much I miss Kamber and everytime we have a family get together it feels like someone is missing. I hope eventually that will go away and we can just be happy that Kamber didn't need to go through this hard earthly life and suffer some of the trials we are asked to bear. As I look around the news and the people close to me there are lots of people that have real hard trials in their lives. It seems like every day there is another tragedy and it breaks my heart to hear about the suffering others are going through. I guess the key is to find the joy in the good that's going on and not dwelling on the bad. That's easier said than done, but maybe I should start looking for the positive. That's a novel idea, maybe I'll try it sometime.

No comments: