Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Grandma's Angel Blog


I have been wanting to start a blog for grandmothers and extended family members of those who have lost grandchildren. I talked to my daughter-in-law Jenn and my counselor and they both think it would be a good idea. We would find others who are suffering from the loss of a grandchild and be able to talk about our feelings and what we can do to move along the road of grief together. It seems like every day there are more people who are going through difficult trials in their lives and I think it helps to be able to talk to those walking in the same shoes as we are.

Ethan asked me a question the other night that took me by surprise. He said "How different do you think it is being the grandmother of a child who has passed away and a parent?" I really didn't know how to answer him. I know that I think about Kamber everyday and wish I could hold her and talk to her and rub her little feet, smell her hair and just tell her how much I love her. But, I didn't have stewardship over her. I didn't give birth to her, I wasn't up with her all night when she was a baby. So I know it is 100 times worse being a parent than a grandparent.

I have a testimony of Jesus Christ and I know that because of the atonement we will live with him again and be united as a family with Kamber. Life is hard! We need to find Joy, (I don't know how to do that yet.) I love and respect all my children for the good they do everyday for those around them. They all work hard either outside or inside the home to make this world a better place. Rich and I couldn't be prouder of the way our children have grown up. I look in awe at how Ethan and Jenn have "girded up their loins, fresh courage take," and they are doing the best they can to raise their 3 other girls and keep their marriage strong and their testimonies intact.

If any out there know someone who would like to be a part of this new blog I will be started, let me know. It will be private and hopefully uplifting.

1 comment:

larsen family said...

You asked me for an idea of a title and I came up with one...

Angel In Our Forever Family

I don't know it that is what you are looking for but I figured it is general so that is doesn't have to be just grandparents, if that is what you still want to do.

Thanks for all your faith in Ethan and I. It is encouraging when there are times we would like to give up.

Love Ya!