Saturday, June 6, 2009

CAMP LOMIA

Yesterday we headed up to pine to Camp LOMia for Bishop's Night at our stake girls camp. This is the sixth year our same bishopric has had to go. It is probably our last as we will be getting a new Bishop soon. It was a fun night and the girls are so sweet and kind to us when we come and visit. We left at 12:30 p.m. in the afternoon and got there around 2:00. We played games with the girls until 5:00 when they had flag ceremony and then we went in to the lodge for dinner. We ate with Lennie and Julie and the other members of the Stake Presidency because they always come up also. After dinner they have a fireside and because it is the last night at camp the girls are crazy. They are sleep deprived and teary because they will be leaving camp in the morning. It was hot when we left so I didn't wear long pants and socks and shoes, so when it got dark and cold, 50 degrees when we left, I was a popsicle. I went to the truck to warm up and looked at my cell phone to see what time it was and saw I had missed a call from Mindi. She was in charge of feeding all my animals so I called her back. She informed me that the toilet that has been broken for a couple of months had run all afternoon and flooded our kitchen and bedroom with 2 inches of water. They worked for 2 hours with towels and sponges and did what they could do to stop the damage to our wood floor. Because I see the negative in everything, I became very angry. Here I was stuck in a truck in Pine (by this time Rich, the Bishop and all the girls and leaders were back in the forest having testimony meeting.) I sat in the truck from 9:00 p.m. to 10:45 by myself until they came out of the forest and up to the cabins for donuts and hot chocolate. We left at 11:30 p.m. and arrived home at about 1:00 a.m. I was so tired and all I wanted to do was go to bed, but we had tons of water all over our bathroom floor and bedroom and closet. Oh Well, that's life, I just went out to feed my animals and my pumps aren't working now, I guess because of the flood. Like Rich always says, "some days are diamonds and some days are stones." I will survive this and hopefully get some new carpet and a remondeled bathroom out of it.

2 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

That stinks to hear that your bathroom and kitchen flooded.. I am sorry There is your postive side thinking maybe you will get a remodeled bathroom.=)Thanks for taking time to talk to me the other day at your house I needed it.

Debbie said...

OHHHH the memories of Lomia---sorry about your bathroom. Another project---fun!