Sunday, May 31, 2009

So Come What May



We had a fun day yesterday. We had Tayler's birthday party, Brooke Halcolm's wedding reception and stake conference. Tayler's party was kind of a Hawaiian theme and the kids swam in their beautiful pool with a rock slide and waterfall. I didn't swim because I needed to go to the reception and conference. I was sitting in a chair talking to Ethan while we were watching the kids swim and he said, " It feels like someone's missing." I said, "do you mean Kamber?" He said, "Yeh." It was a sad moment for me. Then last night on the way to the reception Rich said, "You know, sometimes you think you are dealing with Kamber's passing, but in reality you really aren't." I said, "Yeh, I know what you mean, I feel the same way." The reception was fun, Brook looked darling, her husband seems really nice and Kenny and Teresa did a great job with the food and decorations. It was held at the Superstition Springs Golf Club and her colors were hot pink and lime green. We stayed and visited for an hour and then off to conference we went. We got there just in time to listen to Lennie speak. He was talking about children and how we need to teach and help them, but ultimately they have their agency. We stayed and had some friends tell us what we had missed and it sounded like a great meeting.

This morning we got up early and had to be at the Stake Center by 9:30 a.m. because Tristyn was singing in the choir of primary children. It was really special seeing all those little children singing primary songs. They sang 5 or 6 songs before conference started and then we sang "I Believe in Christ." I was doing good until we came to the last verse when you sing,"I believe in Christ; so come what may, With him I'll stand in that great day. When on this earth he comes again, To rule among the sons of men." It was an end to the emotional journey I had been on for awhile. We need to be ready to deal with trials in our lives. "So come what may" triggered something in me and the spirit was there to teach me that we are not in control of certain things in our lives, but we need to "Believe in Christ."

No comments: