Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dewey's 55


Kylie took this picture at Brookie's birthday party. She is a little camera happy!


Today is my darling husband Rich's birthday. As he left to go off to work I told him to "have a good day and do exactly what you want to on your birthday." He said "You mean like I do every day." Yeah! All who know him can agree to the fact that he works more than anyone they know. He started his own business about 25 years ago. He promised me "I will be home more, and we will have more money." Wow was he wrong on that one. Rich can pretty much build, fix or solve any problem related to building. When we got married he was a parts man at Berge Ford. He would memorize every number in the parts so I knew he was really smart. I just didn't know he would want to do construction. He is strong and tough and expects everyone else to be the same. I remember one day he came home and had blood all over his clothes and tiny holes on his skin around his waist area. I said, "What in the world happened to you?" He said, "Oh I just fell off the roof on the job and landed on my tool belt that I just filled with nails." I think the first day on the job for Bob Jones Construction he nailed his thumb with a nail gun while framing. We were talking to my 80 year old parents on Sunday and he finally admitted that he can't do what he used to a few years ago. He loves what he does and says he will never retire, so Happy Birthday to Rich, keep on working. "If You REST You Will RUST."

1 comment:

keepingupwiththewootans said...

I sure do love your new bunny she is cute! B.J. and I had a ton of fun at dads party on tues. I will see you tomorrow at "The Keg"