Friday, May 1, 2009

MAY DAY


I can't believe it's already the month of May. As we were driving home the other day we were talking about how busy May is going to be. We have Rich's Mom's birthday on the 4th, Mother's Day on the 10th, Rich's birthday on the 19th, mine on the 22nd, Rich's sister's on the 25th and Tayler's (8th) on the 30th. That doesn't even include "Fathers and Sons" this weekend and Memorial Day in three weeks. May is a good month because it isn't that terribly hot yet, but the pool is starting to get warm enough for the kids to swim. I remember last year the first time we went swimming at Ethan and Jenn's, Kamber was a crazy swimmer. I was so worried about her because she would hide and take her floaties off. Jenn and I even talked about how worried we were. Then we were trying to plan a family trip to Lake Powell. The guys really wanted to go but we had Brookie a few months old, Annie big and pregnant and Spencer leaving for Denver for training camp. We talked about camping with twelve grandkids or some of us staying in hotels part of the time. Then I suggested a houseboat, I remember Jenn having a terrible feeling about that. She felt that Kamber would just walk off the side of the boat. We didn't seem to ever feel good about taking all those small children to that huge lake. Anyway, the summer came and went and the thing that we had feared the most all summer happened. I have been thinking alot about that lately. Were we being prepared for the accident, or is it just coincidence? Why didn't I do more to help Jenn with the kids? We knew Kamber was so hard. I know she is in a better place. I know people love her on the other side, but it won't be the same this summer without her.

1 comment:

Flip flop Queen! said...

Summer is going to be hard, no doubt about it. May is going to be bittersweet. But we will endure even if it seems we won't at times.