Sunday, April 26, 2009

String of Bad Luck

What a week! It seems like the older I get the faster time goes by and the harder it is to get things done. This week has been especially hard on me because of the 100 degree temps. I've also had some really bad luck with things breaking down. I have a pond with big koi fish in it. Rich built it for me a few years ago. It has two pumps, one that sends water up to the waterfall and the other into a filter box. The fish love to get under the cascading water and it helps put air in the water for them. Well, that's been broken for a couple of weeks while we've been waiting for parts. We finally got it going again and when I went out yesterday it wasn't working again. I put my sheets in the washer and left for a ward breakfast and came back to the washer full of sheets and water but wouldn't turn on. I had to pull those king-size sheets out of the water and haul them down to Mindi's, so now I need a new washer. We also have a broken down lawn mower that Rich is trying to fix, (he would rather spend money fixing old things than getting new.) Last night as I was making my last batch of caramel popcorn for primary sharing time today, I was so tired I could hardly walk. I was thinking about everything that was broken in my life. ("That's because I'm a negative person"). Sometimes I feel emotionally broken. The stress of trying to be a good wife, mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, visiting teacher, primary teacher, and animal collector is a bit overwhelming. Then I realized that the biggest thing broken is my heart. I am not or will never be okay with the drowning of my sweet Kamber. I will try for the rest of my life to heal this broken heart. Sometimes I can put it in the back of my brain, but for me this has been devastating. There is nothing to prepare you for the untimely loss of a young child. My spirit tells me she's happy and in a good place, but my natural man is angry and bitter. Life goes on, and the "sun came up" again this morning. Maybe that's what life is all about, trying to fix all the broken things in our lives.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Teri I'm so sorry things seem like they're falling apart all around you! I can't imagine what you're going through with the loss of Kamber. I just wanted to let you know I think you're great and I'm glad I was able to get to know you when I was going through a hard time. Thanks for always making me laugh!
Love,
Dana