Saturday, April 11, 2009

Grandchildren Everywhere

Mindi and I have had the Larsen sisters over while Ethan and Jenn went with some of their friends to Las Vegas for the weekend. We picked the girls up on Thursday afternoon and their other Grandma Madeline is picking them up later today to have them home for the Easter Bunny. We have had fun with them and they have been really good, but I know now why you are supposed to have children while you are young. I haven't been able to take my afternoon nap or watch Oprah and Dr. Phil but I'm not complaining. Last evening as I was out doing my chores, feeding the rabbits, fish, turtles and birds the kids were all out jumping on the trampoline and digging in the sand. Troy always wants to help me (which takes me twice as long). I had the hose on and I was trying to put some water in the pond and water my plants when he grabs the hose and says,"I do it." I usually fight him for the hose but I was too tired so I just let him have that one and went and got another hose. After he filled the rabbit's food with water I decided to go in the house and get the carrots for my two baby rabbits. As we were walking back out to feed them I became frustrated with how long it was taking me to do my chores. I then had the thought that I needed to enjoy all the time I have with him and that I would give anything to have Kamber here with us. If I would have known we only had 2 1/2 years with her how much more I would have enjoyed her and cherished every second with her. You never know how much you love someone until they are taken from you. Anyway, this is Kamber's first Easter in Heaven. Having a grandchild pass away makes the Atonement much more meaningful to me.

No comments: