Monday, April 13, 2009

What a Weekend!


I had a friend call me this morning and ask me if I still had my"Easter Hangover?" Oh, is that what my problem is? Last week was a blurrrr and I'm always glad when I survive a busy one. We took care of Tayler, Kylie and Brookie from Thurs, to Sat. while Ethan and Jenn were in Las Vegas. The girls were so good and we had a lot of fun, but seven kids is a lot. After they left on Saturday, we had to run some errands and get groceries for Easter dinner. We had a nice day yesterday, church was good and our dinner was even better. This Easter I felt different about the message I heard and the lesson we taught in Primary. I've always had a testimony, but I have to say that since Kamber passed away it has changed who I am. I can't really explain it, but I feel different. The Atonement means more to me now than it ever has and my eyes have been open to the fact we are all going to die. Just like we all lived in the spirit world before we were born, we are not going to live forever on this earth. In the lesson yesterday, we taught that death is a wonderful thing, and that because of the Savior we will all be resurrected. After we had dinner we went to the cemetary to put some flowers and a basket of Easter eggs on Kamber's grave. I never thought I would be spending Christmas, Easter and many other holidays at the cemetary. I have to say that there is a special spirit there. The closeness it brings to our family is amazing. There were so many other people there honoring their family members who have passed on. It was a nice ending to the Easter season.

No comments: