Thursday, April 16, 2009

33 Years Together


Today is mine and Rich's anniversary. I know he would probably say,"I've spent 33 years with the wrong woman." Wow! where do I even start talking about our life together. I have been thinking a lot this week about how hard it is to make our marriage work. My nephew Evan is getting married tomorrow and I am so excited for him, but wouldn't want to start over. We have had some great times, the birth of four healthy children, and twelve grandchildren. But like every other family we have also had some really bad times. The most recent being the death of darling Kamber last summer. Rich has so many good qualities. He's a really hard worker and a great provider. He grew up in a dysfunctional, alcoholic family, but by being obedient and going on a mission his life has been blessed. He loves the gospel and the people he serves and he loves his family. He is always looking for ways to make others lives better and happier. Our marriage hasn't been a bed of roses but we have stayed together despite our differences (and there are a lot of them). We never know how much time we will have on this earth but I hope we will have many more years together. I feel like the love you have when you first get married is nothing compared to the love you have for someone you have experienced lifes most sacred times with, and the hardest trials. Happy Anniversary Dewey, I LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

larsen family said...

Congrats on 33 yrs! I feel that hard times do bring you closer together. I guess that is when you can be grateful for your trials. Wait, did I just say that? Well maybe there is one trial I haven't been grateful for yet, but has shown me how much I really do love my family and that I am sealed to Ethan.
Thanks for being the people you are and I couldn't ask for better in-laws than the both of you!

Oh and Teri, in your picture it looks like a brown haired Mindi. What a beautiful smile. :)

Lis said...

Hey, I think I was at the reception. Happy Anniversary!

Love

Elisebeth

Anonymous said...

Yeah Bro & Sis Larsen! Love you guys!

keepingupwiththewootans said...

Way to go mom! I think you and dad couldnt be more perfect for eachother. You are so funny together and even though you guy bust out the boxing gloves somtimes everyone knows you are crazy about eachother. Your lovley 2nd child