Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Three Birthdays

Tyton in October for family pictures.

Ethan and Brookie at the Turkey Trot.

What a busy week we have had. We celebrated Brookies' birthday on Friday, Ethan's on Monday and I think they celebrated Tyton's yesterday in Denver by going to the zoo. Today is Ethan's 28th birthday. During the night Rich was up irrigating, we always have the best times, 1:00-4:00 am. It's never a restful night when he's in and out checking the water, but last night was even worse. When he took his irragation boots off and came in the bedroom he woke me up. I started thinking about the day Ethan was born. I was huge and so unconfortable I swore I wasn't going to spend one more day pregnant. I took matters in my own hands and induced myself. I went out and mowed our backyard, cleaned my house and then Rich mixed me up a cocktail of orange juice and castor oil. That night I woke up with terrible contractions so I called my Mom who lives in Scottsdale and told her to come quick. I don't know why it took her so long but I was pacing in our driveway. By the time we finally got to the hospital I was totally ready to deliver. I think I was there only ten minutes and the nurses were trying to help me deliver but the cord was wrapped around his neck. The doctor stepped in the room and cut the cord and he was delivered all 9lbs.7ozs. I thought he was so little but the doctor said, "this is a big baby!" Because the cord was around his neck his head was blue for a few days. They took him in the nursery and gave him some oxygen before I was able to hold him. It's good the Lord lets us forget how hard it is to birth these babies or mothers would only have one child. If a man had to go through childbirth they wouldn't be able to handle the pain. We never knew what we were having back in the "olden days" so we sure were happy to have a little fellar. We are so proud of Ethan, he's a good husband, a loving father and has a heart of gold. Sometimes he acts like a tough guy and trys to get me going by squeeling his tires and trying to run me down, but we love him to death. Happy Birthday Ethan!

3 comments:

larsen family said...

Thanks for raising such a wonderful son. I love him to death and so glad to have him as a husband and a father to our girls. My life is better with him in it.
Sending Love,
Jen

Debbie said...

What in the world happened??! Our kids are the age I think we should still be. At least in my own little mind I am still 28----Happy birthday to Ethan.

Alishia said...

You are so right. If we remembered how bad it was we would never do it again. But now that I've had three horrible deliveries, I remember, which is why I'm done.

Can Brookie really be one? I love the giant flower in her hair!! She is definitely Kamber's little sister and I'm sure she smiles down on her every single day.