Monday, April 13, 2015

Tristyn's Prom and Twins Baby Blessing

This weekend was a busy one for our family. I felt kind of sick on Friday and Saturday but felt better yesterday. I think it was all the pain medication for my hand that upset my stomach, so I've cut it down to only a couple of pills until I have the carpal tunnel test. Tristyn had prom Saturday night so that was a busy day. Mindi had a volleyball tournament in Buckeye, so it was Dave and I trying to get her dress to fit. She had a darling red beaded dress but it needed some adjustment in the neck. I hate the itchy scratchy feeing of beads and sequins, I was worrying about the irritation it would cause, but she's young and got through it. I'm more about comfort than vanity. Then yesterday we went out to Ethan and Jenn's and had the twins blessed. They have 9:00 a.m. church and it would have been too hard to get everyone there, so they just had the Bishop come over and blessed them in the home. These babies are almost five months old and because of the complications they have had we are so lucky they are getting bigger and healthier. This week they will go in for a consultation for hernias and then in a few months they have one more surgery to correct a birth defect. Mindi and I went to Scottsdale and picked Mom up after church and she spent the night with us last night. Then this morning my sister Mell came over and took her home. Every time we have a get together we miss Dad. Mom even asked me what I thought Dad was doing in Heaven on Sunday. I would like to know what they do everyday in Heaven not just Sunday. After the blessing we had dinner with all the family and friends that came to support them. I wonder often what families do who don't have their family close to help them. I sure have been blessed in my life to have my family close and I appreciate all they have done for me especially my parents. We took some pictures of the babies and had a four generation photo with Mom, Me, Ethan and the twins. We are thankful for everyday we have with Mom. I know she misses Dad but has so much faith and love for her family she is a great example to all of our family.



No comments: