Saturday, December 6, 2014

Why Are The Holidays So Chaotic?

Yesterday morning I got a call from Ethan asking if I was ready to babysit. I said, "sure", and then hurried around getting everything I could done so I could spend some time with the kids. Now that the twins are two weeks old I think they are probably waking up and realizing how hungry they are, so Jen was up all night trying to get them settled. I remember how tired I was when I had one baby, so I can't imagine trying to soothe two at the same time. I knew Mindi and I needed to run a few errands but before that I went out and let Trulie, Max and Reagan jump on the trampoline and slide down the slide. We are lucky to be having a really mild fall and the sun felt good while I sat on the chair and watched the kids play. We are feeding the missionaries tomorrow so I needed to get some meat at the store so off we went with the kids to Bashas'. Trulie likes to go to Kiddy Kare so she took her little cousins in while we shopped. I've been so busy this week trying to get some things ready for our family pictures next week and do some Christmas shopping, I'm worn out. Every year I think it just doesn't seem right for life to be so chaotic around the holidays. Are there some people who just relax and not stress out about gifts and decorating? I wish I could just be happy with the blessings I have and not worry about all the fluff. Every week I have a countdown of things that need to be done and it's nice to cross them off the list. Next week we have the Relief Society and Ward Christmas parties, plus Spencer and Annie will be traveling home next Saturday. It's been way too long since I've seen the Boston Larsens so that will be a happy day. I have hardly seen Rich this week, he's busy trying to get five jobs done in one week. He is an eternal optimist and thinks he's Superman, but we both can tell how much age affects our productivity. I still have two trees to put ornaments on and my house to clean so I better get busy.

No comments: