Wednesday, December 24, 2014

"Next Year Lets Start In November"

Mindi came in this morning and said, "we need to start in November so it isn't like this every year."  Yea, that would be nice but in November we are dealing with pomegranates and Thanksgiving. We had our Turley sisters party last night with all the cousins from my Mom's side there. We had delicious Mexican food, the Nativity with all the children, the reading of Turkey Trot and then the beloved "12 Days of Christmas" Greer style. Then this morning I was up early making my last batch of caramel popcorn to bag and take around with the jelly to our friends and neighbors. The girl that cleans my house is traveling down south for Christmas, so Spencer and Annie we so nice to come over this morning and help me get my house ready for Christmas dinner with the Greer clan tomorrow. Mindi has been out all afternoon doing her last minute shopping and after trying to take a nap, I gave up and decided to start my wrapping and putting the finishing touches on my house. I was having a little bit of a meltdown yesterday and telling my sister the only way out of all this Christmas chaos was to "go to the Light." I think she was worried that maybe I would do something drastic, but I was just venting to her about how bad I do when I'm stressed out. I wonder what it would be like to just go away for Christmas, and sit in a chair and drink hot chocolate for a few days. I guess we always want what we don't or can't have. This year has been another hard one for me in so many ways. Another knee surgery in May and then the usual ups and downs of living this mortal life. Sometimes it gets me down and I wonder how much longer I have to deal with the same things over and over again. I also know that there are many who suffer from far harder trials than I have and feel grateful for my own. Tomorrow will come and go and another Christmas will be in the books, I know I will finally get a good nights sleep and then start taking down all the decorations and get ready for the knew year. I hope everyone I love has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments: