Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Am I Too Old For A Calling Yet?

This month is going by so fast I can't believe it's two weeks from Christmas Eve. I spent most of yesterday working on the Relief Society Christmas Dinner. We decorated from ten until noon and then had to be back to the church by 6:15 p.m.. Mindi and a couple of her kids have been sick this week, so I was on my own making four batches of funeral potatoes. It took me an hour to get them all mixed up and then another hour to bake them. While they were cooking, I got ready and fed all the critters, it made for a crazy day. The dinner was delicious and we had a fun little program and then the clean up began. It's just a good thing we had about ten sisters helping and Rich even put all the tables away and mopped the kitchen floor for us or we would still be there. I was so tired when I got home that when I finally got settled in to bed I had a painful charley horse in the back of my leg. I finally jumped up and went to the kitchen a got an ice pack and the pain finally went away. I've been wondering all morning if there comes a time when you are too old and out of shape to have a calling? Especially, decorating the church building. Now the clean up begins in my own house with all the dishes from my potato making extravaganza. We are going to try and have family pictures taken this weekend when Spencer, Annie and their kids get here. Trying to coordinate clothes for ten adults and eighteen kids has been my main concern for the last couple of weeks. It's been a long time since we've all been together, so hopefully it will work out. The weather is going to take a turn and be cold and rainy, but that makes it even feel more like Christmas to me. I want to just go in my sewing room and start a new quilt, but I've made a promise to myself that until the three I have waiting to be finished are done, NO more projects started. Plus, I need to do some organizing of all my material so I can find what I want to start working on in the new year, which is coming really fast.

No comments: