Wednesday, December 3, 2014

A Fun Day With Jen and the Kids

Yesterday I went out to spend the day with Jen out at her house. Ethan had asked me if I could go help her because she had a few errands to run and needed help. We fed and burped babies, ran to Walmart, came home, fed and burped the babies again. It's been a long time since I've fed a newborn and I was amazed at how natural it felt to me. I did get a little confused wondering which of the twins I was feeding and I even think Jen has a hard time keeping them straight. She had to take the babies to have their newborn screenings, so I stayed home with Max and Reagan and tried to stay awake while they watched a movie. I need to take a nap in the afternoon and I'm not usually babysitting kids, they were still alive when Jen got home. Whew! We waited for Brookie and Kylie to get home from school and then we headed over to Kohls to shop for clothes for our family pictures that hopefully will happen when Spencer and Annie get here next week. When I finally got home around six last night I was so tired. I can see the wisdom in having children when you are young because this old grandma couldn't handle newborns, toddlers and teenagers all at the same time. As I was getting ready to leave Brookie said, "Grandma, are you going to be in Heaven when I am older?" It took me by surprise and I didn't know quite how to answer her. I said, "I hope I'm still around when you get older, I want to be there when you get baptized." I could tell she was trying to figure out when she would be eight years old. I must look really old for her to ask me when I'm going to heaven. I then told her that we never know when we will be going to heaven, every day could be that day. Today is going to be a busy one as I try and catch up on my work but it sure was fun being around the younger generation, I was in bed asleep at 9:30, that's just how old this grandma is.

No comments: