Thursday, October 28, 2010

Not That Crazy About Halloween

I just can't believe that Halloween is in two days. It seems like October has just flown by and in a few weeks it will be Thanksgiving. I haven't ever been a big fan of Halloween. I think because I'm not very creative it is really frustrating to dress up and try and pretend to be someone or something I'm not. I know some people really get into it and I'm amazed at the darling costumes they come up with, but that isn't me. This year we are having a Trunk or Treat at the church. Because I'm on the Activities Committee I have a few assignments for this wonderful event. I don't even know if I will be able to go because I think there will be a lot of walking involved plus I will need a comfortable chair to sit in. This is the dilemma, try and go and maybe be miserable, or stay home by myself and for sure be miserable. HUH!I got a call from Spencer this afternoon. He was on his way to the airport because the Broncos are flying to London for a game Sunday against the 49 ers. He sounded really tired and said he needed to sleep during the nine hour flight because when they get there tomorrow morning they have a practice. I have a fear of flying so knowing that my son is going to be on a airplane for nine hours is disturbing, all I can do is pray for him. One thing good about it is that next week is their bye week. He said something about maybe coming home next week so that will be so fun. I haven't even seen the baby yet so I'm hoping and praying we get visitors soon. Maybe we will even be able to have a family picture taken. Life is getting better everyday. I need to be better about seeing all the tender mercies that come my way, hopefully I can get better at that.

No comments: