Friday, October 17, 2008

Where do I begin?

It seems like the older I get the faster time goes by. I can remember having four small children and thinking I would be up all night for the rest of my life and here I am a mother of four adult children and 12 grandchildren. Where did the time go? How did it happen so fast? As most of you know, our little darling grandaughter Kamber was taken from us on July 25th, our lives have not been the same and each day there are thoughts of happy memories and despair. We never know what the day will bring so we try to stay busy and not dwell on the sadness of it all. I have really been impressed with the way my children have rallied around each other and hopefully we will become a closer more eternal family. It is so hard to see your children go through trials and not be able to rescue them. I'm sure that is also how our Heavenly Father feels . Sometimes I feel like there is no way I said I would come to this earth and go through some of the things I have had to, but the blessings far outweigh the trials so I'm thankful for that. When Kamber passed away I felt like my heart was going to break apart. During that week I did things that I would have never thought possible, but the Lord blessed me and my mantra was "gird up your loins; fresh courage take Our God will never us forsake;" Somehow I got through it and I know someone was helping me. How thankful I am for the gospel and the hope that we can be together with Kamber someday.

2 comments:

keepingupwiththewootans said...

Mamma, Im way proud of you welcome to the blogging world. You will have a ton of fun doing so. It feels good to get on and see everyones fun stuff. Thank you for being a good mom and staying home with us kids, we do know you sacrificed for us eventhough we dont show it all the time. Ilove you! Candi

Alishia said...

I, too, have been so impressed with your family. Not just your amazing kids, but you and Rich, too. You are amazing!! I know how broken your heart is. Hang in there!! We are still praying that you will be comforted.

Also, welcome to the world of blogging! See if you can convince your sister to join in. She is pretty stubborn sometimes!