Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I have never really liked Halloween and as I have gotten older it has been harder and harder to think of some character I could be. Every year when we go to the Halloween parties I think how fun it would be to dress up and promise myself that next year will be different, so here I am two days away from this wonderful event and I am still at a loss of what I can be. So I guess I will just be what I am every year, myself.
Last week was extremely stressful with having our family picture, Spencer and Annie here visiting, parties and then sharing time, so I don't know if it was the stress or just moving through the steps of grieving that have gotten me so emotional.
Anyway, the other morning I woke up in a not very good place,
I was thinking about Kamber and how much I missed her and that this was the first family picture she wouldn't be in, I was wondering if she missed us and much as we miss her. I then started thinking about my maternal grandmother Fern Turley who passed away in 1974 when I was a student at B.Y.U. She was my best friend, my example, she loved me no matter how obnoxious I was. I knew she loved all of her grandchildren, but we all thought we were her favorite. She didn't like animals that much, (I think she was afraid of them), so when she would dose off in her chair watching t.v. I would throw our big orange cat TOM on her lap and then laugh when I had starteled her. What a brat I was. Anyway, as I was there lying in bed feeling sorry for myself I realized that Grandma's birthday is on Halloween. We used to call her our little SPOOK. I was hoping that Grandma had taken Kamber in her arms and is loving her like we love her. I need to change my attitude about Oct. 31, and realize that one of the most special people in my life was born on that day and enjoy my grandchildren the way she enjoyed all of us. I know Kamber has been with grandma and those others who have passed through the veil before us and hope she feels our love for her and them.

1 comment:

Tristyn said...

Grandma, I wish I had met grandma Fern Turley. She seemed very nice. I am so glad you are my grandma
-Tristyn