Sunday, October 26, 2008

Irrigation Nightmare!!!


I don't know how I get myself in these situations, but I do. On Friday Mindi and I had gotten ready for our usual errand run when I said, "I better check to see when the irrigation is coming." So as we were heading out to get payroll, go by Joann's, then Wal-Mart and maybe even In-and Out Burger, I lifted up the lid to the irrigation board and to my horror the irrigation was already coming in the backyard. So I wasn't going anywhere. Mindi said, "Well I guess you are keeping Troy here" because it takes four times longer to run errands with a two year-old. So out we went to check the irrigation, a 55 year old overweight grandma and a two year old. Anyway to make a long story short, as I looked in the first hole where the water comes out, (I think they call it a port), I noticed that a gopher had dug a hole and the dirt was so thick in the hole that the water wasn't coming out fast enough. I grabbed a piece of Rich's junk and began to try and get the dirt out. Some of it did come out but not enough for my satisfaction so I grabbed a long piece of pipe and as I tried to put it in the port I stepped in a mud hole and sunk to my knees. All of a sudden I was face first in a mud hole with Troy asking "Gamma Kay, Gamma Kay Gamma Kay?" I think he was asking me if I was okay. Anyway, I crawled on my hands and knees out of my mud bog until I could get in the main stream of irrigation and then called my dogs over to help me up. It took a 95 pound white lab and a 120 lb golder retriever to help me up. I was so proud of myself, I hadn't broken any bones, said any cuss words, or hurt Troy, all I could do was laugh. I came inside and asked Rich's secretary to take a picture of us. I know now why Rich always calls it IRRITATION. I am now officially resigning as the irrigation girl, next time it could be worse.

2 comments:

Alishia said...

You gave me quite a laugh tonight. You are really lucky you didn't hurt yourself!! What would you do without "mans best friend" there to help you. Or should we call them "grandma's best friend."

I hope Mindi stopped and got you an In-N-Out Burger. After all that, you deserved it!!

keepingupwiththewootans said...

Mom, that is freakin funny but what you failed to tell everyone that this is not the first time you have taken a digger in the backyard. We always say that Sonny ws your worst purchase ever but lets thank the dear lord he ws there to help you. love ya, CANDI