Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hope for the New Year

For the last couple of months I have contemplated not blogging anymore. Sometimes I feel that maybe I share things about me and family that aren't things others should know about us. Maybe that we are human and struggle just like everyone else and we are definitely not a perfect family, far from it. I have decided that I write because it lets me put my feelings and experiences down in a way that in the future I will remember just how blessed we really are, so I will carry on. On Monday morning I got a call from Ethan asking if I could come out and help Jenn with the kids and to take the boys to the doctor. Gage had been throwing up since Saturday night and didn't seem to be able to keep anything down. So I spent the day with her doing laundry and going to the pediatrician. He checked all the boys out and said he thought it was a little bug and to continue doing what she was doing and maybe add a little bit of rice cereal to help him keep his food down. By Tuesday night he was really critical, so we got another call asking for help again, this time to come out and take care of the kids so they could take Gage to the ER at Cardon's Childrens Hospital. Mindi and I didn't sleep more than three or four hours as we were worried and taking care of a four week old whose brother was really sick. By one in the morning I got a call from the hospital saying the baby had Pyloric Stenosis and he would require surgery. So after starving him out all night he went in to surgery yesterday morning to correct the problem. After surgery they started him out with a half ounce of pedialyte to make sure he could keep it down. He has been able to keep everything down they have fed him so far and are waiting for the surgeon to come check on him and release him to go home. This is truly a tender mercy from our Heavenly Father because this is so dangerous the doctors said if not treated is fatal. Jenn listened to the spirit and did what she was prompted to do. After having little sleep, Rich and I were in bed before ten o'clock last night. I heard a bunch of fireworks going off but I was so tired I didn't really care. We have totally turned in to old folks and it's pretty sad. We are just hoping that 2015 is better than the end of 2014.

No comments: