Tuesday, December 30, 2014

After Christmas Stupor

I've been in a stupor since Christmas trying to put up all my decorations and get my house back together. Thanks to Spencer who came over on Saturday and pulled all the boxes down and then after we filled them back up he climbed up on the ladder and put them up in my closet. The only thing I have left to do is my tree and I dread taking all the ornaments off. So I am waiting until I get in the mood which will hopefully happen soon. The weather has taken a nosedive and so I've been worrying about my animals and trying to keep everything warm and alive. Another winter blast is coming our way tomorrow, so I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to do it when it gets down below freezing at night. I hate the cold and the heat, maybe Hawaii is the place for me, but then I'm surrounded by shark infested water and that scares me too. For Christmas I only wanted two things, neither of which I got. They weren't expensive but just something I wanted to happen. My goal for the New Year is to live in moment and try to see the good in everyone I have a relationship with. I wish I could see others how the Savior does, then it would be so much easier to understand why they are the way they are. I also want to have more compassion on myself and change the things I don't like about myself and accept the things I can't change. it seems like year after year I'm working on the same goals but there never seems to be any change, I wonder if 2015 will be a better year for goal achievement. It was so nice to have all my kids and grandkids here for Christmas. Spencer and his family will be heading back to Boston next week and then when their house sells they will be moving to Montana. He thinks it is so much closer but to me it's still too far, but I know they are inspired to live where they do, so they don't need my blessing to live in Montana, that won't ever happen. Before we opened presents on Christmas morning I had each family stand in front of our tree for a photo. I also had some taken of the grand kids. They were a little bit tired and wild but I'm still glad we did it.






No comments: