Saturday, December 20, 2014

Done Shopping, Yeh!

I don't think I was home longer than an hour all day yesterday. I wanted to get my shopping done so I didn't have to fight the crowds this weekend, I don't do crowds very well. The kids got home early from school so we had babysitters for Trulie. Whew! After going to a few stores and Costco to pick up my pictures, we came home just long enough to feed the animals and get a drink of water. Tayler had a volleyball clinic in Tempe but Ethan was working late. We didn't want Jen to have to load up the twins and take them out in the cold, so Mindi took Tayler and I stayed and helped Jen with the kids. By then it was six in the evening and I was worn out. When Mindi got back, we took the older kids to try and find something for them for Christmas. It's getting harder and harder every year as the kids get older to find something they like. I don't do toys because I think that is Santa and their parents job, so I usually buy pajamas and a warm sweatshirt or coat. This year I also bought a lot of the clothes they wore for our family pictures. As we were walking through the store with Tayler and Kylie, I had flashbacks of shopping for clothes with my own two girls. How can two sisters be so different in personality and looks? Tayler is quite conservative in her dress and likes to wear her mom's clothes, while Kylie is a little more edgy like Candi was. When we left the store I was really tired and ready for bed. The little kids I know don't appreciate clothes, they would rather have something fun to play with, but this is what I do, it's very important to me that my grandchildren look nice when they are in public. I know time is coming when I will just have to do what my parents do and give money for them to shop for something they like.  I won't be here forever, but as long as I have the ability to walk through the stores, I will continue to buy for my grandchildren. That doesn't mean it still isn't hard, but so rewarding.

No comments: