Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Finding Great Happiness on the Path














This Christmas Season has been so busy for me I feel like I'm spinning half the time. It seems like as I get older it takes me twice as long to do what I used to get done easily. I spent almost three weeks trying to get my house decorated and we only got our lights put up on our house on Saturday. I was wondering if this would be the first year that didn't happen at all. I've only been out to help Jen with the twins three times, but she is doing so well, I'm so impressed with her. I went out yesterday and sat in the car while she did some grocery shopping. We folded a couple of loads of laundry, fed the babies again and then it was time for me to go home. I understand the wisdom of having babies when you are young because it sure wears me out at sixty-one. In Relief Society on Sunday we had a really good lesson on President Monson's Conference talk this past October. He was talking about how the Savior walked the paths of disappointment, temptation and pain. Sometimes I go to church and wonder why I even bother but this lesson was really touching. Because we have chosen to come to earth and receive a body we are subject to all that comes with this mortal life. I don't think anyone gets out of here without experiencing all of these trials. It got me thinking of all my own disappointments, temptations and pain that I've been through. I have often suffered physical pain but I think the worst kind of pain is emotional, and when Kamber passed away it sent me somewhere dark I hadn't experienced before. At times I still get caught up in a place where I wonder if it's even worth going on. Then I think of my family and all my grandkids and I realize how blessed I really am. This weekend we were able to get together for pictures for the first time in a few years. Working with ten adults and eighteen children isn't easy, but I'm so happy with how they turned out. I need to get some printed for Christmas cards but Mindi and I both took our cameras and got some fun pictures of our posterity. In the talk President Monson says, "While we will find the path bitter sorrow, we can also find great happiness." I'm so thankful that sometimes I do have glimpses of great happiness as I walk this path called LIFE.

1 comment:

Coplen's said...

Teri,
These pictures are so great!! I especially love the one of you Candi and Mindi. There is nothing greater than the bond between a mother and her daughter. You have two wonderful daughters.:) Your grandkids are so cute as well. I am so happy to see all of you happy and well. I hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas.