Monday, January 12, 2015

Surgery, Chemo and 60th Birthday

I spent a lot of last week going through closets and drawers trying to get rid of all my excess stuff. I figure if I hadn't used it, or worn it in five years it was out of here. I don't know why I hold on to things that I will never use or wear, it makes me crazy. When Spencer and Annie were here going through their stuff I was amazed at how little sentimental value they put on their stuff. I just have a hard time letting go. Last week Rustin was in the hospital having the same surgery Gage had on New Year's day. These poor babies are sure having a rough start to their little lives. During surgery the surgeon discovered a hernia that will need to be fixed later this month. I have to question why a surgeon wouldn't just fix it while he was in there, instead of putting the baby back under again and all the risks that go with that. They are checking Gage to make sure he doesn't have the same hernia problem as the two seem to have the same DNA, which I hope they will test soon to see if they are identical or not. They sure seem to be identical to me, but unless you do the test you don't know for sure.  My Dad went in for Chemotherapy last Wednesday and by Saturday he was so sick he couldn't keep anything down, nor did he want to eat. We all got together for my brother Len's 60th birthday last night and my parents didn't come, so I know he feels rotten. I have often wondered what I would do if put in the same situation. I don't think I would ever be brave enough to let the put poison in my body. When I told my Mom that, all she said was, "if he doesn't do it then he will die." Maybe it's just me but there are worse things than dying, and that's feeling like you are going to, or praying to pass on. At 86 years old I don't know if his body will be able to endure this round of poison, but if he wants to go through it then it's his choice, we will be here to love and support him to the end.

No comments: