Thursday, January 8, 2015

Purging Closets and Rustin's Surgery

I thought the New Year would bring some quiet time and I would be able to catch up on my quilting projects that I've neglected over the last two months. Mindi had other plans, as they decided to move Tristyn back into our spare bedroom that had become the junk and storage area since she moved out last time. Because Spencer and Annie were here, we were able to have them spend a day and go through all the junk they left when they moved to Colorado when he was drafted by the Broncos. Yes, their stuff has moved from their house in Queen Creek, to Mindi's garage, to our spare bedroom and now it's sitting in Ethan's shop ready to be shipped to wherever they decide to live when their home sells in Boston. I am embarrassed to say that I have hoarded clothes for a long time and now that Tristyn needs the closets it has forced me to purge, sending some to DI and some to others who want them. I'm not OCD about my stuff but others in my family are, so I'm trying to get rid of whatever I don't think I'll use. So far it has been a really positive experience and I can't wait to get my stuff organized and hopefully I won't miss all the excesses I have accumulated over the years. This morning as we were working away, I got a call from Ethan saying that now the other twin has the same thing Gage had last week, throwing up and not keeping anything down.  He had an ultrasound today and they sent them straight to the hospital to wait for surgery to take place as soon as possible. We have been wondering if they are identical twins since they have been born. The only way to tell is by a DNA test. Now that Rustin has the same thing, Pyloric Stenosis it just seems they must share the same genetics because they both have the same struggles. Now as a family we are pulling together to help while Jenn and Ethan are in the hospital as this baby has surgery, maybe some day we will win the lottery because with the mounting medical bills we are going to need a miracle to be able pay for all this care. We are so thankful to live in this time with such good medical doctors. These babies would have both died if they were born back in the pioneer times, we are just praying everything goes well with the surgery and he can come home soon.

1 comment:

Coplen's said...

WHAT NOW RUSTIN??? OH MY GOSH.. PLEASE POST TO LET ME KNOW IF HE IS OK AND HOW THE SURGERY WENT. PRAYERS SENT YOUR WAY.
LOVE YOU
HEIDI