Monday, November 5, 2012

"Now Thank We All Our God"



I spent all last week either getting ready for Halloween or picking and juicing pomegranates to make my Christmas jelly. On Friday my parents, sister, niece Victoria and some other friends came over and we juiced for about seven hours. After everyone left I went in my family room to relax on the couch. My body was talking to me in the hip, back, neck and arms. Rich and Mindi had decided to try a different way so they were at her house with another crew including Jenn, Ethan, Dave, Rich and the kids. They thought it would be better to take each of the seeds out and send it through a juicer while we just used Boches and juiced. I don't care which way you do it, it's hard work. As I was lying on my couch the tears came to my eyes and I felt the same way I did after having a baby. I told myself  "never again", that was terrible. As I sat in church yesterday the opening song was "Now Thank We All Our God" which made me feel a little better. Some of the words are "Oh, may our bounteous God Through all our life be near us, With ever joyful hearts And blessed peace to cheer us, And keep us in his love, And guide us day and night, And free us from all ills, Protect us by his might." With all that is going on back East with the storm damage, I feel so bad for those people. Some families have lost everything, no home, food or clothing. I can't imagine losing everything at this age, it makes me so sad for them. So now this week I will start making jelly, I've already made one batch this morning, I'm so thankful for my nice home and warm bed to rest my weary body, and pray for those who have lost everything.

No comments: