Saturday, November 10, 2012

Flowers for Kamber



I love living in Arizona in the Fall. It is our reward for living all summer with the temps over 110 degrees. A couple of weeks ago Rich started planting our flowers up the walkways in front of our house. Since Kamber passed away we have planted purple flowers closest to the house around our wishing well in her honor. It is always an emotional day for me as we place each flower in a perfect spot in her memory. Last night as I went to bed I was listening to the news about a three year old little girl who drowned in her grandparents backyard. Unless you have experienced this, you can never know the heartache and pain it causes. Rich left on the "red eye" flight on Thurs. night to go help Spencer bless his new little baby. I have struggled with the emotions since I knew he would be going without me for a few weeks now. This will be the first grand child that I will not see blessed and that hurts. Spencer and Annie wanted to do it back there, so it is what it is. So I'm staying busy, cleaning, making jelly and shopping. If I can't go to Boston, I'll just go to the mall. Even with all the challenges I have right now, I feel such an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for all I've been given. I have sixteen healthy, happy grandchildren and one in heaven cheering me on. We all have struggles and trials and maybe that's what it takes to smooth out all our rough edges and make us so thankful for the good times.

No comments: