Thursday, November 8, 2012

"Hope and Change?"

All day Tuesday I was sure we were going to have "Hope and Change." As Rich and I went to bed we were really discouraged at the choice the voters made. I thought with the state of the economy, with all those unemployed and on food stamps that maybe our country would want to go in another direction. By last night we had come to accept the fact that we are in the same place we have been for the last four years. So we have come to grips with that and hopefully things will get better. Rich said that almost everyone he talked to in the construction business couldn't wait for the election, hoping the economy would get better and the work would pick up. I have been praying for inspiration as to what I should do with my constant pain and the possibility I may have to go through another surgery. At times I get desperate and try and make a decision without that inspiration, but then decide to just wait. I've been going through this cycle for several months now. So this morning as I was reading my scriptures I came across this in 2 Nephi 31:20, "Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." I want to look at the big picture and try and press forward with hope and love and know that we aren't in charge of what happens. We can only make choices for ourselves and live the way we know we need to live with our families on the other side.

No comments: