Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Can I Accept This?

After Kamber passed away four years ago I read everything I could on grieving. I went to counseling where it seemed like session after session my thoughts would come back to the fact I couldn't get past the fact she was gone. The five stages of grief are Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and then finally, Acceptance. I think being a baby boomer brought up in a strick Mormom family, I was protected from some of the things my friends were going through like divorce, drugs, sex and alcohol abuse. My parents expected us to do the right thing and we were taught the Golden Rule, to "treat others like you would like to be treated." Due to my mental illness with extreme anxiety and depression, I have learned a lot about myself and my own shortcomings. I have talked a lot lately about trying to help my friend get her wedding venue passed with the city. My daughter Candi commented that she felt maybe I was feeling better about the situation, as I didn't seem to be as upset as in the past. As Rich and I were talking about it the other night I told him how I felt. If someone I knew came to me and asked me to help them with a problem, I would see what I could do to help. Rich would do the same as he would do anything for anyone, always. I think that is what hurts the most about this whole situation. We asked for help and only two of the original people called even responded. Since then some others have offered support and that hasn't gone unnoticed. As with everything in life, time will hopefully heal my heart. Tomorrow night is the final  meeting with the Town Council and I hope they can see through the lies and unkindness coming from her neighbors. I believe that our Heavenly Father loves us and wants what is best for us, so I'm putting my trust in him and know that whatever happens will be his will and that is all I can do. Now will I be able to Accept this decision, that's the question?

No comments: