Saturday, March 31, 2012

"Life Wasn't Made To Be Easy Or Fair"




It seems so weird to be all alone in my house. Rich is at the Priesthood Session of conference, Mindi and Dave are still in California with Tristyn at a tournament and the big boys have gone out to party with the cousins at Jenn and Ethan's. We have been crazy busy all day working around the house, making more tamales, ironing all Rich's shirts and now working on a quilt to be auctioned off for the Young Women. When I went outside this morning to feed the dogs my pool looked horrible. The pool fence is so rusted the dogs can get in and out even with the door shut. Rich planted these beautiful white climbing roses to cover the fence and they have gotten so big they are pulling the fence down. So today was the day they cut the roses down. Rich wants to completely take them out but I like the privacy they give us when we are swimming. The bad thing is that a few times a year there are thousands of roses that eventually end up in the pool. I spent an hour out there trying to fish out all the leaves and petals, the water was cool and the sun was hot, 91 degrees today. Conference was so good. I enjoyed it from President Packer's talk, "life wasn't meant to be easy or fair," to Elder Scott talking about our family on the other side who are helping us make right choices. After conference was over my Mom called and asked me how I liked the talks. She then said, "you know we need to move forward and not look back at all the sadness and disappointments." There were a few times during the talks and music that I got goose bumps on my arms and legs. When one of the speakers was talking about missionaries talking to the parents of a young boy who drowned, my mind went back to the day we dressed Kamber for burial. The spirit was so strong as I held her for the last time and stroked her hair and rubbed her feet. How could I go on without the knowledge that she is happy, loved and with other family members who love me and her? Life is hard, not easy and certainly not fair. Elder Holland's advice to not envy those who have more than us, are prettier than us or more talented really was good for me. It is hard to not compare ourselves to others. I just want to be the best I can be, and have a nice clean pool to swim in come summer.

No comments: