Saturday, March 17, 2012

"A Happy St. Patty's Day"

I was going to get up and make green eggs, green pancakes and maybe even some green smoothie to celebrate St. Patrick's Day but Rich left for work and Mindi and Dave took the kids to Tristyn's volleyball tournament. I stayed here with the animals and my cleaning girl. This has been a hard week for me. Every week is hard, but this week I started out by stubbing my baby toe while trying to water my roses. My toe hurt so bad I almost said some bad words, and I could hardly walk back into my house. It turned black and blue, so I've been hobbling around all week. Then somehow I hurt my back or rib or something in there while trying to lift weights while exercising. I've also been battling some kind of stomach issues that have left me weak and irritated. This has been spring break and I've only been out of the house a few times to feed animals and go to the grocery store. After everyone left I could feel those little feelings of sadness and discouragement moving in. Saturday is a day when I feel we should all be working together in the house and the yard and maybe doing things as a family. Most of the time Rich has loose ends on the jobs that need to be finished and Mindi and her kids are always busy. I've been working on some quilts and a painting project to keep me busy and my mind off those worries and struggles. I've also almost finished the book on President Monsons life. After reading a chapter about how kind and loving he is to everyone I wondered how his wife deals with him being gone all the time serving as Prophet. I know how I feel when Rich is gone for hours during the week doing church work, I can't imagine the sacrifices made by those serving in church positions. I look at my brother Len and his wife who are serving as Mission President in Washington, how do you leave the kids and grand kids, your home and job to serve for three years? I guess they have to make up for people like me who can't. Anyway, life continues to move along and hopefully next week will be better for me, now it's time to go eat something green.

No comments: