Thursday, March 8, 2012

"I Want a Peanut Buster Parfait"

As I have mentioned before me, my sister Mell, and Mindi have been on a quest to rid ourselves of unwanted body mass. It has been a hard fought battle starting before Thanksgiving, through the Holidays and continues on today. After deciding a couple of years ago to not go the surgical route, I have prayed for an answer to this problem. I remember asking one of my doctors why he didn't help his patients lose weight. All I remember him saying is that there are so many reasons for people to be overweight and it gets too complicated. I had become discouraged at how slow the weight has been coming off. Two weeks ago when I went I hadn't lost any weight and decided if I couldn't get my head right, I was going to give up. Just like I've done time and time again. Well, today when we went to the doctor we all lost weight, Mell and I three pounds and Mindi four. I finally passed the twenty pound marker and hopefully will be able to keep it up. Yesterday as we were running errands we passed Paradise Bakery where Mindi said, "Boy how I want a cookie." Then a little bit later as we went by the Dairy Queen I said, "What I wouldn't give for a Peanut Buster Parfait." It was a good thing Mindi didn't hesitate to let me know that wasn't on our diet. As Mothers we are in charge of feeding our children and keeping them alive. I was the "Kool Aid Mom" because I didn't work I was the one passing out homemade chocolate chip cookies. The loneliness I felt staying home with kids while Rich slaved away has taken a toll on my body and my sanity. I have noticed that as I have tried to not medicate myself with food the emotions are running high. I know Rich gets the brunt of my bad moods and emotional breakdowns. Last night as I was sitting in the tub relaxing I said, "you have to wonder why we have to go through these trials in our lives." All Rich could say was, "Yea you just have to wonder." It seems like these days we do a lot of wondering around here.

No comments: