Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Maybe Someday Trixie Can Go Home

Yesterday was kind of a weird day for me. I knew Spencer and Annie were leaving to go back home to Colorado. They get tired of living out of a suitcase and having their stuff scattered between both families. All morning long I kept having that same feeling I did when he left for Chile on his mission. Why would I feel so down? I stayed home all day in my little shell shuffling along doing what little I could to get by. When Rich got home from work, we sat down to eat dinner and then called to see where Spencer's little family were in their journey home. They were an hour out of Albuquerque but were making good progress. Today he will become a free agent, which means that the Denver Broncos no longer have rights to him. That also means he doesn't have a job anymore. I think I've been more stressed out about it than he is, maybe because he has more faith in the fact that we have little control over some things in our lives. We were hoping to know where he will play next year so he could take his dog Trixie home. She has been so excited with Spencer being here and now she just comes to the door and looks in hoping someone will let her in. So this morning I let her in just to walk around and see that Spencer wasn't here anymore. It was kind of sad, but Rich was working in the office and he gave her some kind words and a pet on her head. Last night as I was telling Rich about my feelings and how tired I am of staying home and cleaning my house, he said, "at least you are lucky enough to have a house to clean." That gratitude thing still evades me, but I am thankful for all that I've been given, especially those in my life who have given me the opportunity to serve. Now I'm off to Basha's to buy a few groceries to lift my spirit, bananas, carrots and milk, yum!

No comments: