Friday, March 2, 2012

"I'm Whole, Perfect, Powerful..."


The weekend is upon us, I still can't believe how fast time is passing me by, maybe that's a good thing. As most of my friends and family know it's hard for me to stay out of the toilet daily. It seems like I let people and situations affect me in a negative way. I remember my Dad trying to give me advice a few years ago telling me that I need to "not to let other people affect the way you react." Anyway, last weekend when Spencer was torturing me, he thought he was helping, he told me to repeat a little saying, "I'm Whole, Perfect, Powerful, Strong, Loving, Harmonious, and Happy" over and over. I wouldn't consider myself any of those attributes right now. I hadn't thought about it again until I could feel those discouraging thoughts coming back into my mind this morning. Ethan and Jenn are blessing their baby this Sunday and since this will be the only time our whole family will be together for a long time, I wanted to get together for a family picture. It should be nice weather and no one is pregnant, I think, so hopefully we can put our smiling faces on and get some good pictures. I have a favorite picture that hangs in my entryway that I will never take down. It is the last family picture we had taken with Kamber in it. I remember how hard it was for her to stand still and we were sitting on some rocks. Ethan had to finally stand behind her and hold her up, she was so fun. Anyway, we miss her everyday and know she is in a beautiful place where she is loved and I know she loves us. As a family we will continue on our path until that day comes when we will see her again, that I know for sure.

No comments: