Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Weekend Was a Blurr!


This weekend was a blurr for us. I helped Spencer and Annie keep the home fires burning at the Moser house while Mindi was in Colorado with Tristyn at a volleyball tournament. Dave took care of Trulie all weekend and had some special Daddy Time while we entertained all the other children. On sat. we got irrigation so we decided to spend the day away to keep the kids out of the water. Spencer helped me do a workout to help me get some mobility in my hip and burn some calories. I think he forgets that I'm an old lady, crippled, thick and not used to doing hundreds of reps with weights. My legs have been so sore I could hardly crawl in to bed, but I'm finally getting back to normal. He wanted to take me on a two mile walk but when I told him I wasn't going for that, we decided to do a "sit and be fit" workout. Annie spoiled us with some delicious meals and it was fun to have them here helping bathe the kids and keep the house reasonably clean. Mindi got home late last night and Trulie wouldn't let anyone take her from her Mommy. This morning when I went down to see how everything was going, Mindi told me she had been up with the baby all night running a fever and she was sick. Oh the joys of being a Mother, getting away for a while and then coming home to a sick baby. We just got home from the doctor and the grocery store. picking up presciptions, both ears are infected, and food for at least dinner tonight. The talks on Sunday were good, how we need to let our lights shine. I spend a lot of time in the dark, but at times when the clouds part I can see the eternal part of this "plan of happiness" we have going on here. I thought my life would slow down when my kids were all grown and gone. How dumb I was, sometimes I'm spinning out of control with all that needs to be done, but it sure would be boring if it was just Rich and I here. We are truly thankful for our posterity. I am amazed at what good parents my children are to the grandkids, I know it gets overwhelming at times, but that's what we are here to do.

No comments: