Thursday, February 16, 2012

"How Much Love Is There In Your Life?"

February always seems to go by so fast. I love all the red shiny decorations and the beautiful hearts and flowers, it seems like love is in the air everywhere. We have four birthdays in our family in February, Annie, Kamber, Dave and Mindi. On Valentines' Day Spencer and Annie came over and fixed dinner for us. It was delicious and very thoughtful of them, they even did all the dishes. Rich gave me a nice handwritten note and some flowers. He learned early on that he would be in the "dog house" if he didn't recognize me on that special day. I am also aware that this day can be a very sad day for many, not everyone has a spouse or children to share it with. In the paper last week I found an article titled, "Have A Heart-To-Heart With Yourself." It was talking about someone asking an author if he could ask any question about their health and how long they are likely to live, what would it be? He said "it wouldn't be do you smoke? Are you overweight? What's your cholesterol or blood pressure? Instead he said he would ask,"How much love is there in your life?" I was really intrigued by this question. How much love do I really have in my life? The article goes on to say how emotional health is such a huge factor when it comes to preventing cardiovascular disease, which it the No. 1 killer in the U.S. It then said that "we need to open our hearts to others. Be kind, be non-judgemental, be compassionate, be funny, and be a good listener." It isn't a news flash that I'm struggling with some hard things right now, but reading this has made me want to do better. More suggestions were to 'Be more active, let go of anger, and eat smarter," all things that I need to do better at. Life is hard and sometimes is taken way to soon, but hopefully I can endure the trials that have been put in my life and become a better person with a healthy heart.

No comments: