Monday, February 13, 2012

Busy Monday and Another Favorite Holiday





This morning when I went down to Mindi's to see what we needed to get done today, she said we had to be at Hobby Lobby by 9:00 a.m. to get some material for Tristyn's sewing project. She needed it at the school by 9:30. So I hurried and made my bed, ate breakfast, got dressed and was out feeding animals by 8:30. After we went and dropped the material and her lunch off at the school we headed to the feed store to get rabbit and chicken pellets. When we left there we decided to stop by Annie's parents house and pick up the breathing machine for Trulie. She has been to the doctor twice in three days and Mindi hasn't gotten much sleep with her being sick. We decided to bring Spencer's boys with us to run a few more errands. We stopped at the dollar store to find something to put on sweet Kamber's grave and off we went to the cemetery. On the freeway as we got to the exit I became so emotional. Is it always going to be like this when I go visit her final resting spot? The boys were asking if this is where their cousin is buried and then went off to play and look at all the decorations. I am always amazed at the creativity people have when they decorate graves of loved ones. There were just a few people there, an old guy jogging through and a couple of teenage boys on bikes. I thought it would be a nice place to exercise but Mindi thought the "doom and gloom" wouldn't be where she would want to exercise. I felt a real peaceful feeling and I think it would be a nice place to walk. After a few more errands we came home and now the boys are playing and waiting for the kids to get home from school. Spencer and Annie have been in South Carolina since Thurs. but will be home tonight. I got a sweet message from one of Candi's friends from high school. She is a darling girl who was part of our family when my kids were growing up. I guess she reads my blog and feels like I'm "way to hard on myself." I probably shouldn't write all my feelings down because it makes me sound more depressed and desperate than I really am. Life is just really hard for me right now. I'm going through some stuff that has been brewing for many many years and then with the passing of Kamber and the economy tanking it's hard for me to cope with. I know the sun will come up tomorrow and besides that Valentines Day is my favorite holiday next to Mother's Day! Ha Ha

No comments: