Friday, February 24, 2012

Where's That Rocking Chair?

I thought when you got older life slowed down. I was looking forward to sitting on the porch in a rocking chair bird watching. It seems like my life gets busier by the minute and I'm getting farther and farther behind. This week has been spent running errands for a family baby shower for my niece, Mary yesterday and Mindi and Tristyn's trip to Colorado for a volleyball tournament this weekend. I just finished a quilt for her as the temps in Colorado are in the 20's and 30's not like our 80 here. I got stung by a stupid scorpion on Tues. so that has also put a damper on my sleep and well being. I swear if there is just one little scorpion it's going to find me where ever I am. This weekend Spencer and Annie are coming over to stay and help Dave with the children while Mindi is away. Trulie is almost 8 months now and totally attached to her mother. Hopefully we will be able to keep her alive and happy until Mindi gets home on Monday. I'm still fighting the "battle of the bulge" getting through Valentine's Day, birthdays and wedding receptions, plus the shower yesterday has gotten me a little discouraged. There are always going to be events that celebrate with food. It seems like I do okay for a couple of days and then something triggers me. I realize what an emotional eater I have turned in to. I had an epiphany the other day as I was watching a show on t.v. We all have something we use to help us cope with the pain in our lives. I have gotten used to eating and shopping to relieve those emotions. Now with the downturn in the economy and the need to get healthy, I realize that my lifestyle has been so self destructive. I see the "law of the harvest" in my life daily. We can all lie, cheat, steal, gossip or whatever, but at some time we will all get to suffer the consequences of those actions. I'm trying to make some changes in my life and my attitude. Having gratitude for everything I have especially my family. I have sometimes wondered if the choice to marry and have kids was right, it has been really hard for me. Hopefully my efforts won't be in vain. Now if I can just get to Dillard's today for their 40% off clearance sale it will be a good day!

No comments: