Sunday, February 19, 2012

Birthdays, Weddings and a Baby Shower



With all the celebrations we have been having over here it is wreaking havoc with my diet. Today is Mindi's 35th birthday so I'm saving up my calories for some cake and ice cream later on tonight. Last week I had Valentines' treats from my visiting teacher, a See's coconut heart, I didn't even look at the calorie count on the box. We went to lunch with a few of Mindi's friends for her birthday, Mexican food, yummy and then last night Rich and I went to a wedding reception where they had a western theme, with a barbecue and white wedding cake, my favorite. I need to work really hard so that when I go weigh in on Wed. it won't be depressing. I can't believe that my firstborn child turns 35 today. Where has all the time gone? Dave's birthday was on Friday, he turned 38, two years away from 40. Life continues to move forward as we get older and so do our children and grandchildren. Today in church the speakers talked about the importance of the family and how we can be together forever. Sometimes I think we take that knowledge for granted and wonder if we really want to be together on the other side. After Kamber passed away I wanted to do everything possible to make sure I was worthy to see her again. Now as I have moved through the stages of grief, anger, bargaining, denial ... it has become harder to wrap my brain around what I need to do to be able to be with her and those I love who have passed on. Life is short, and hard and hopefully I'm up for the challenge, besides I'm going to have a baby shower at my house on Thurs. , my diet sabotage keeps going on. Happy Birthday to my lovely daughter Mindi, and her sweet husband Dave!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Teri--you are beautiful just the way you are--don't ever change--I know exactly how you feel about family, sometimes it takes a tragedy for some of us to "GET IT" family is truly forever--and I know you want to be with your family for eternity--too bad it takes some of us longer to realize what we have to do to get there ...xoxo