Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Bronco Is Now a Patriot

This week has been crazy. Our computer crashed while Rich was working on his talk last Sat. It's been in the shop since Monday and who knows when we will get it back. Mindi and her family are gone to a football game and practice, so I thought I would spend a minute writing. I got a call Monday from Spencer that he was on a plane to Boston to visit the Patriots. With the circus going on in Denver with them trying to get Peyton Manning they weren't talking to any of their free agents. The more I see how the NFL operates the more discouraged I become. Anyway, my Bronco is now a Patriot. I never have had a favorite football team but the Patriots were so far away, I never thought we would ever have a connection with them. I have been fighting the happy and sad feelings all week. Spencer and his little family will be living in Boston for the next two years. I have the same feelings I did when I knew he was leaving for Chile for two years. I hope this opportunity will work well for him, he has worked really hard to be able to play as long as he can and we are thankful he is getting the chance to play on a really good team. The older I get the more I realize how little control we have over situations in our lives. We can try everyday to be worthy of blessings we are given, but giving up control is so hard, especially when it comes to our kids. Spencer has been over in Washington speaking to the missionaries in the Kennewick Mission, he's on his way back to Denver to start packing to leave for Boston in two weeks. I spent yesterday with Ethan, Jenn and the kids out at their house. The kids have been out of school for a couple of weeks and I wanted to spend some time with them. The girls are getting so big and Max is spoiled rotten living with all those sisters, but he is a sweetheart. As we were sitting eating lunch Brookie looked over at me and said, "I love you Grandma." Sometimes I look at her and see so much of Kamber. Maybe it's her age, but she has such a special spirit about her. She gave us all a reason to live after Kamber went to heaven, so she is special to me, as are all my grandchildren. Life is hard, but I don't think it's suppose to be easy, at least it isn't for me, but I know I can do hard things. Now I just need to find somewhere to put all this Bronco stuff, I swear I'm only buying one Patriot shirt, okay, maybe two.

No comments: