Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Start of Spring Break Yee Hee!

This week is spring break for all the kiddos around here. When I was in school we didn't have all the fall break, spring break and half days. I do love this time of year here in Arizona. The temps are cool at night and in the 80's during the day. Our citrus trees are starting to blossom and that is one of my favorite smells. Candi and B.J. left for California yesterday to go on a Disney Cruise with the Wootans, while Spencer and Annie flew in from Hawaii this morning. I could let myself get depressed about not having the lifestyle of the "rich and famous" but traveling just isn't one of my passions, I like sleeping in my own bed. Today in church we had a baby blessing, a return missionary report on his experience and a lesson on the Priesthood. It got me thinking about all the blessings I've been given by the way of Priesthood Authority. I was lucky to have a Dad who honored his Priesthood and I still love it when I get a Fathers Blessing. As the teacher was giving her lesson she was talking about when her Grandmother died and how stressful it was planning her funeral with all the different religions and people involved. All of a sudden my heart started pounding and I became so emotional. My mind went back to when the accident happened and Kamber was taken home. The week of planning her funeral was intense as we went through the process of finding someone to make her dress, her video, pictures, and all the other arrangements. How could we have done it without all the kind people who came to our aid? We were in shock, dazed and confused and so very sad. What would we have done without the Priesthood power at that difficult time in our lives? I wanted to share that experience but knew if I did I would probably melt into a puddle of chocolate on the floor. I felt the spirit though and know that my life will forever be blessed by the Priesthood that surrounds me in my life.

No comments: