Thursday, December 2, 2010

I Think I Need Some Botox

A long time ago my Dad took me to a doctors appointment in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I had flown there a couple of times but this time he decided to drive me. I remember that on our way home we pulled in to a gas station to use the restroom and buy gas. When I came out of the bathroom the store clerk handed me my Dad's credit card and said, "here's your husbands card." I said, "He's my Dad not my husband." That has been at least fifteen years ago. Well, this morning my darling parents came over to do some service. My Dad took me to physical therapy and my Mom went to the mall with Mindi to purchase a birthday gift for my special cousin Barb. Mindi usually goes with me so when I walked in one of the guys said, "your daughter didn't come with you today?" I said, "no, I brought my Dad." Anyway, I went in to the gym and did my exercises and then off to the pool we went. My Dad sat on the bench while I started my exercise routine. First of all I'm always about ten to twenty years younger than most of the people in the pool so I'm feeling pretty good about myself. My therapist was sick today so he wasn't in the pool but another girl was there who usually works in the gym with me. She looked over and said, "your husband brought you today?" I then said, "that is my Dad, my husband runs a construction company and he's super busy right now." I was pissed! Do I look like I could be married to an eighty-one year old man? Maybe I don't want to know the answer to that. When I got home Rich called and asked how therapy went. When I told him they asked me if my Dad was my husband all he said was, "maybe they think you are a trophy wife for someone." Ha! I never have been a trophy wife to anyone. Maybe I need to be looking in to some plastic surgery, botox or have Candi color my hair a darker shade but if people are thinking I could be married to someone in their eighties I have a huge problem. When I was complaining to Mindi about it she was nice and said, "well that's the same thing as when we are shopping and people think we are sisters." Yeh and I can remember a few times that people have asked her if she is Spencer's Mom. So I guess there are some really clueless people out there, hopefully I'm never one of them. I'm sure I've said some stupid things too so please forgive me if I've said something like that to you.

1 comment:

Diane... said...

that happens to me all the time...even once at the temple, one lady thought that my older sister was my daughter!

Teri...I was reading this post when my grandkids came over for me to babysit...my little granddaughter was dancing to your music so I left it on and an hour plus latter it is still playing...I love your Christmas music too...wish I knew how to copy your playlist or even get one!! (Just so you know why I'm here so long :)

If you are ever in the old part of town, stop by, we are still here!