Monday, December 27, 2010

Most Wonderful Time of the Year?


The most wonderful time of the year is coming to a close and boy am I happy. We had a really nice Christmas, it was very simple but we got through it. This year didn't really feel like Christmas, I don't know if it was because the weather was so warm or if I just never caught the spirit like years past. Maybe not being able to stay out late in the mall and shop until I couldn't walk another step was another reason. I have spent all day today taking down my decorations. It makes me crazy when my house is in disarray. I had Rich help me a little bit last night take down my huge wreath over the fireplace but it is still sitting in the family room where it will stay until next weekend probably. Spencer and Annie will be on their way from Colorado on Thurs. The Broncos put him on the Injured Reserve List (whatever that means) so he won't be playing the last two games because of his injured ankle. I have mixed emotions about that, it is so fun to watch him play, but I miss his little family and I have never even seen their new little baby girl. After dinner on Christmas Day we headed over to the cemetery. I could not believe how beautiful it was there. Rich made the comment that it was more decorated than on Memorial Day. I could not believe how creative people are in decorating the graves. There were trees, wreaths, bulbs, flowers, toys and every kind of decoration you can think of. I love Kamber's headstone. Ethan and Jenn did such a great job when they designed it. Every time I see it, it makes me smile. I miss her so much, there is definitely a hole in our family because of her passing, but now the hard part starts when we try and live a life worthy to live with her. It seems like I did pretty good for a couple of days last week but now the "after Christmas blues" has started to set in. I'm sure it's something in my childhood, it's for sure my parents fault. Ha Ha! I'm trying to pull myself out of the dumps so I can start the new year off right. Hopefully when I get all my decorations put away things will get better. The sun will come up tomorrow for sure! At least I hope so.

No comments: