Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"Forever 58 or Forever Grouchy?"

After spending a week decorating my house and the last three days undecorating, I think next year I'm going to make some drastic changes and make it way more simple. I now know why my sister just puts up a little ceramic tree and calls it good. I went to bed the other night in a bad mood after hearing some disturbing news about some extended family members. All night long I kept thinking about it and becoming more upset. I had also been told to"stop being so bossy," and "it's not what you say, it's how you say it," that has made me not want to talk to anyone right now. We had some family come stay overnight and that was stressful also, so Candi thought she would do me a favor and take me on a ride to get me out of the house and hopefully out of the "doldrums." I hadn't put any makeup on and I was okay with that because we were just going to get some fresh air. Well, we ended up at the San Tan Mall in Macy's to do a little after Christmas shopping. I found a couple of blouses really cheap and then Candi and Tristyn wanted to go to Forever 21. She assured me it was just outside of Macy's and the exercise would do me good, so with my cane in hand off we went. Well, it isn't just outside of Macy's it's down the street and over a block. By the time we got there I was already tired, and if you have ever been in that store it has loud music and tons of people, not to mention wall to wall teenager clothes. Pushing a stroller with two young children and a handicapped person through the narrow aisles of the store was claustrophobic for me but we persevered. After about an hour of shopping I needed to get the heck out of there. Candi went and paid for her purchases and we took Major and started walking back towards Macy's. As we rounded the corner I saw a bench just sitting on the sidewalk on the side of the mall and took a seat. Tristyn took Major over to the bathroom and there we sat until Candi got the car and picked us up. It was fun to be out and about but with this dang hip it makes everything so much harder. It was so nice to get home and take a nice long, hot bath, take some pain reliever and go to bed. I was thinking this morning that I need to open a store that is named "Forever 58", or maybe even "Forever Grouchy," then maybe I could find something that would fit me in there.

No comments: