Thursday, December 16, 2010

Third Christmas Without Kamber

I've been working hard trying to get as much done before the kids are out of school next week. It seems like when they are home all day it becomes quite complicated with them wanting to have friends over or be entertained all the time. It's a good thing we have children when we are young because I don't do much and I'm still frazzled. It seems like every day there are a million things to get done or errands to run. I got Spencer's family and Rich's Mom's gifts off to them on Tues., that is always a good feeling. I did my visiting teaching yesterday and I'm watching Troy while Mindi has gone to do hers. Every year I think that next year will be different, I'll be more organized, well that never happens, it is the same rat race every year. I have noticed that having surgery and getting old makes it way more difficult to get things done. Rich has been working 12-14 hour days trying to get a commercial job done by Monday. He still hasn't finished putting my Christmas lights up and at this point I'm losing hope that they will ever get up. Tristyn helped me for an hour the other night trying to hook up cords to get the power on. We got some of them working but after having two cords spark, scaring the cr#& out of me, not to mention the bad words I said, I thought it best I wait for him. I am married to probably the smartest handyman around but I could use an electrician to help me with my lights and pond problems. We are so thankful Rich has plenty of work. Last year at this time the business was so slow we didn't know if we were going to make it. We know how blessed we are to have work. This will be the third Christmas without darling spunky Kamber. I think about her every day especially when I'm shopping for the grand kids. What would I be getting for her? What does she look like? Who is she with and what is she doing? All these questions and NO answers right now. I'm sure we will visit the cemetery on Christmas Day, that is where the true meaning of Christmas is felt. I know that because of the birth of our Savior and his atonement, our family will be able to see Kamber again and hopefully live together as a family with our Heavenly Father.

No comments: