Monday, November 29, 2010

Anyone Want To Go Bungee Jumping?

I was talking to someone close to me the other day and they said "I don't read blogs anymore because they are too negative and I choose to be positive." Huh! I have found some wonderful faith promoting things on the blogs I read. I also get to see pictures of my grand kids who live in "Far Far Away." I try and be careful when I write that my toxic negative attitude doesn't show through, but there are times in my life that aren't all butterflies and rainbows. I have been trying to get my harvest decor put away and my Christmas started. Although it is getting easier for me to walk, I still have a hard time carrying boxes of stuff from point A to point B. So today I found myself taking one thing at a time and that gets really tiring. Besides that, I'm really not in the Christmas spirit yet. I know it's a little early, but hopefully this mood will lift and I can move forward. Before my surgery I was fantasizing about all those things I would be able to do when I recovered. I was hoping to be able to go skydiving, deep sea fishing, or maybe just fly around the world solo, but I am realizing that I am the same old me with just a metal hip. I live in the same house with the same people and I even have the same pets. The only thing that has changed is a little bit of pain relief and the experience of having a major surgery. I also found out who really loves and cares about me and I appreciate all they have done for me these last eleven weeks. I realize that these trials we are given are to make us have more empathy for others. I know without the adversities we wouldn't grow spiritually. If our lives were all puppies and unicorns we would be really shallow thinking people. There are people close to me who are going through really hard trials right now. At times I don't understand how we get our lives so messed up. All I can do is pray that things will work out for the best. I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day, who knows maybe I'll bungee jump off a bridge, sounds fun huh?

2 comments:

Diane... said...

NO BUNGEE JUMPING FOR ME...DOESN'T SOUND FUN AT ALL! BUT I DID HAVE FUN WATCHING THE RUNNERS AT THE TURKEY TROT...I SAW YOUR DAUGHTER MINDI JUST AS SHE CAME AROUND THE CORNER ONTO BROWN ROAD...I ALMOST YELLED OUT BUT THOUGHT BETTER OF IT...THAT'D BE SCARY HEARING SOME OLD LADY YELLING AT YOU...WISH YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE TERI! IT WOULD BE GREAT TO TALK TO YOU BUT I AM ENJOYING READING YOUR POSTS...SO GLAD THAT YOU ARE DOING BETTER AFTER THE HIP REPLACEMENT!

RETHINK THE BUNGEE JUMPING ADVENTURE :)

Flip flop Queen! said...

Let's do it! I'll make an appointment for this weekend.:) Sometimes we can get into a rut. Let's take a trip to the snow soon. Just to get away and see something new!
I'm proud of how well you are doing with your hip. I think you are much stronger than you think.
Hope to see ya soon!
Love You!