Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pomegranates, Quilts and Purple Flowers







After spending all day Thursday and Friday picking and juicing pomegranates, and today making a baby quilt I'm pooped! It is nice to be getting more things accomplished even though I still haven't made it to the grocery store or the Mall. I'm hoping that won't be far off. I have been going to physical therapy for three weeks now and I think it's helping me to get stronger and hopefully speed up the healing process. I can't believe we are already in the month of November. The weather will hopefully cool off soon because Rich has been busy planting our purple flowers around my wishing well in remembrance of Kamber. This is also a month where I try to concentrate on all the blessings I have. Yesterday after a visit from a member of our extended family I realized how grateful I am to have parents who love me. She has had a rough go of it with abuse and neglect and it makes life extremely difficult for her. She tries to pretend that it doesn't bother her, but I can tell how much it hurts. I see by the way she treats her own children that she has a hard time parenting. She does the best she can, and I know she is trying really hard. This week I have been emotional thinking about Kamber and wishing I could talk to her and give her a big hug. I admire families who are affectionate with each other with hugs and kisses and telling each other they "love you" all the time. Unfortunately, that isn't the Larsen way. When my kids were young I would hug and kiss them all the time, but as they got bigger and stronger than me I knew they didn't want my slobber on them. I do think it is wonderful that other families do. This month is a good time for me to concentrate on gratitude. At times I feel like I get down thinking about all the things that are wrong in my life. Being crippled, thick,( Spencer's word for chubby or fat), discouraged, disappointed, lonely, and just plain old and tired. I do realize that all my experiences have made me grow spiritually. I am thankful for all these trials because I hope it will help me become a better person. When I go back home I want to be able to give Kamber that big hug and tell her how much I love her.

1 comment:

Flip flop Queen! said...

What? You did pomagrantes with out me this year! I thought you always did it after Thanksgiving? Last year was my first year being in on the fun and really enjoyed helping.

I've been thinking a lot about Kamber that past couple of weeks and I have to admit that it has hurt more than usual. I am grateful that I am 2 years down the road though and can focus on the future with her more than my life now without her.