Friday, November 12, 2010

Thank Goodness It's Friday

I'm always glad when Friday comes along. I have a girl that comes and helps me clean and it's always nice to have a clean house even though it will be dirty by tomorrow. I have gotten more accomplished this week than I have in a long time. It seems like every day I get a little bit stronger and can walk a few more steps without the use of a cane or crutches. I still get frustrated at all the things I can't seem to do. Yesterday we did a family trip to the Reebok outlet to spend some of Spencer's money. It was Veteran's Day so we took most of the kids. They were pretty good except for jumping off the benches and running around the store. Mindi decided that next time just the adults will go, so maybe we can think a little bit clearer. Even though I have a temporary handicap sticker for parking, it was a long way from the car to the inside of the Mall and then into the store. My son-in-law B.J. offered to go get me a wheelchair but I didn't much like being wheeled around the store by my grand kids. After we spent almost two hours in the store the kids all went over and had a ride on the carousel. Mindi, Candi Jenn and I stayed to try and figure out how we had blown through that much money in such a short amount of time. I guess it isn't hard when you're shopping for eighteen people. It's a lot of fun but very stressful for me. On the way home we decided to stop at In-And Out Burger to get some lunch. Tristyn rode with Jenn and the girls and we were going to stop by and do some shopping at a little boutique down in Mesa. By the time we had gotten to have lunch Tristyn got in our car and told us that Brookie had been throwing up in Jenn's car. I felt so bad that Jenn had to go home and take care of sick kids and clean her car out too. We continued on our shopping excursion and after walking through the boutique and buying a couple of $3.50 cupcakes and a $4.00 peanut butter brownie we were on our way home. By the time I got home I had a raging headache and my hip was killing me. I was on the verge of tears, I guess I'm not ready to do the all day shopping thing yet. I am thankful to be able to get out of the house for a few hours and can't wait until the day I will be able to spend the day at the Mall. Now all I need is to get some money saved.

1 comment:

Diane... said...

MAN IT'S BEEN ALONG TIME TERI...I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW I FOUND YOU BUT I LOVE BLOGGING...LOVE READING YOUR POSTS AND SEEING YOUR PICTURES...HOPE YOU ARE HEALING WELL!!! HI TO EVERYONE AND TAKE CARE!!!